Maintaining Your LEED Credential Just Became Easier
GBCI is continuing to improve the ease and access of earning and maintaining your LEED credential, by implementing the following changes:
- Easier reporting
- Simplified activity types
- Better reporting forms
- Six free hours through Principles of LEED
- No eligibility requirements for LEED Green Associate Exam
- Easier reporting. No more topic categories. Unlimited hour earning potential in three of the four activity types (Education courses, LEED project experience, Authorship, Volunteering)
- Simplified activity types. Earn hours in intuitive activity types: education, LEED project participation, authorship and volunteering.
- Better forms. Simpler reporting forms mean you only have to fill in the basics when you report your hours.
- Automated reporting. Education providers will soon have the ability to automatically upload your CE hours for you when you take their course.
- Six free hours through Principles of LEED. Introducing a new way for LEED APs and LEED APs with specialty in prescriptive to upgrade to a specialty credential. Earn six free LEED-specific hours through this webinar series.
- Eligibility.There are no longer eligibility requirements for the LEED Green Associate exam. However, GBCI recommends that candidates have exposure to LEED and green building concepts through educational courses, volunteering, or work experience prior to testing.