USGBC-NCR Leadership Positions Available
by USGBC-NCR Nominating Committee
Applications are due tonight - October 12th - at 11:59 PM EST
As 2012 winds down, USGBC-NCR is preparing to elect new board members and ramp-up committees, so our 2013 activities can be even better. We need you now more than ever because next year we will start planning for GreenBuild, which is coming to DC in 2015! If you have interest in volunteering your time to support the local green building movement or can think of a colleague who can help our chapter grow, please keep reading!
BOARD OF DIRECTORS POSITIONS
The USGBC National Capital Region Chapter (USGBC-NCR) is pleased to announce a call for applicants for the 6 seats open for the 2013-2014 Board of Directors.
Participation on the USGBC-NCR board is a unique opportunity for local building professionals to lead the creation of livable and sustainable National Capital Region. Board service offers the opportunity to grow personally and professionally; to develop meaningful relationships with other passionate and motivated individuals; and to make a difference in your local community. The NCR Board is a diverse group of professionals composed of industry leaders from all aspects of the building industry. Diversity in interest and expertise is strongly encouraged.
Much of USGBC-NCR's work is carried out by members who volunteer to serve on committees. Committee positions offer tremendous opportunities to develop and demonstrate your leadership. All of our committees are currently recruiting new membership. If you have interest in joining a committee, please complete this interest form. If you have questions about committee work, please contact Stephanie Wither at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Board Service
- For the 2013-2014 election, 6 out of 12 seats are open. The remaining seats are currently filled by board members who will be completing the second year of their terms.
- Terms are for two years and begin January 1, 2013; however, successful candidates will be expected to attend an orientation meeting with fellow incoming members in December 2012.
- The Board of Directors meets on a monthly basis, typically the third Wednesday of the month from 4:30-6:30 PM at a location in downtown Washington, DC.
- The monthly time commitment for board members is approximately 6-10 hours.
- The Board does not receive compensation for their service.
- Must be a member of the USGBC-NCR Chapter in good standing (membership current within last 30 days)
- Must have 5 years industry experience. Ideal candidate will have 10+ years
- Must be willing to fundraise and commit 4 hours per month in financial development for the chapter
- Ideal candidate can demonstrate engagement with Chapter committees, and participation in activities
- Ideal candidate is a LEED accredited professional or has a degree or other training in the sustainability field
- Ideal candidate has previous non-profit board experience
If you would like be considered for a position on the USGBC-NCR Board of Directors, please return your application form by 11:59 PM EST on Friday, October 12, 2012.
The Chapter's Nominating Committee will review all applications and assemble a slate of qualified candidates for election by the chapter members in early November.
If you have questions about the nomination process, please e-mail Emily English, Executive Director of the USGBC-NCR Chapter at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing your applications!