USGBC-NCR Announces Winners of Its 'Awards of Excellence' Competition
July 23, 2012 - Exemplary projects, firms and individuals were honored Thursday night as winners of the 2012 Awards of Excellence by the U.S. Green Building Council National Capital Region Chapter (USGBC-NCR) at the tenth annual A Midsummer Night's Green event in Washington, DC.
'These awards celebrate individuals and firms for their leadership and commitment to the green building movement,' said Emily English, Executive Director of USGBC-NCR, 'and they recognize projects that are pushing the envelope and creating a more vibrant and sustainable National Capital Region.'
Two awards were given to individuals and firms who are inspiring the local green building community:
- USGBC-NCR Member of the Year - Marcus Kenny, WorkSpaces LLC
- USGBC-NCR Member Company of the Year - Cassidy Turley
- Project of the Year New Construction - National Geospatial Intelligence Agency, Campus East - submitted by NGA NCE One Team
- Project of the Year Existing Buildings: Operations & Maintenance - Blair Towns - submitted by The Tower Companies
- Project of the Year Commercial Interiors Natural Resources Defense Council - submitted by Gensler
- Project of the Year Core & Shell - 1000 Connecticut Avenue- submitted by SD Keppler & Associates
Four awards were given to projects in the National Capital Region that exemplify green building practices and principles:
The event was sponsored by Sigal Construction Corporation, First Potomac Realty Trust, Turner Construction Company, GHT Limited, Executive Maintenance Inc, Clark Construction, EAI, Blue Planet Environmental, Hickok Cole Architects, and The Tower Companies. More than 300 green building professionals were in attendance to network with and congratulate their peers.
All photos courtesy of Ana Ka'ahanui and R. David Chambers.